Pho with Bok Choy & Pan-Seared Tofu by Chef boomadonna
My first attempt at Pho surprisingly turned out excellent. Try it!
- 2 cups Earth Balance Butter
- 2 cups small pasta
- 1 finely diced Spaghetti squash
- 1 cup finely diced Red Onion
- 4 finely diced Poblano Peppers
- 1/2 halfed Rhubarb
- 1 tbs finely diced Milk
- 1/2 cup leaves/stems of Avocado
- 3 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp
- 1 - 2
- 1 tsp pumpkin
- 1 tsp
- 2 chopped stems
- 12oz sliced Strawberries
- 1 cup
- 1/2 cup sliced Active Dry Yeast
- 1 sliced Chanterelle Mushroom
- 1 quartered Baby green squash
- Rice Cereal
1. Combine the first 13 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to low heat. Cook for 45 minutes.
2. Prepare the rice noodles as directed on the package. The common method is to soak the noodles in water for 30 minutes, and then place them in boiling water for 5 minutes.
3. Steam the bok choy over boiling water for 5 - 10 minutes.
4. Heat up canola oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Place tofu in plan and sear for 5 minutes on each side, or until brown.
5. Place noodles in bowls. Arrange the garnishes (soybeans, scallions, jalapeno pepper, lime, cilantro), bok choy, and tofu over the noodles. Ladle 1 - 2 cups into each bowl.
If you like it spicy- add Sriracha Sauce.