Banana Bread by Chef uu_catan
This is adapted from a non-vegan recipe. Banana bread lends itself well from non-vegan recipe because a common binder to replace eggs is bananas! This gives the bread a great flavor and non-vegans have given me great compliments on this. Enjoy!
1 hr 10 min
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Oil a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
2. Cream the sugar and margarine in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
3. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the water and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
5. Fold in optional ingredients if you choose.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.