Baked Mac & Cheese by Chef danhauk
Why settle for a box when you can make delicious macaroni and cheese from fresh ingredients. This extra cheesy variation includes a little spicy kick.
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk and cook, whisking constantly 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in salt, black pepper, red pepper, 2 cups shredded cheese, and cooked pasta.
4. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 2-quart baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
5. Bake at 400º for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
6. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.